Hosting a party doesn’t have to be something that overwhelms you or sends your stress level to new heights. A little prep, planning, and adhering to the following tips will help you stay organized and on track to hosting the perfect event.
- Stay organized with several list that are continually updated. These can include a master to do list, a shopping list, and a guest list.
- Create a theme. Themes make events unique and dramatically increase the fun level.
- Send out invites mailed invites. Mailed invites add a personal touch to events.
- Use a self-service bar. This simplifies the drink service allowing guest to come up with their own unique creations. This will also provide opportunities for guest to socialize.
- Include at least one specialty drink that will put a stamp on the event and leave an impression with attendees.
- Keep appetizers simple. Meals comprised of small bite size treats will allow guest to have a greater variety.
- Set up kids table. Allow kids to have their own setting, so they can have there own fun separate from and not intruding on the adults.
- Keep settings simple. Setting up elegant and memorable table settings doesn’t have to be rocket science. Using natural elements that complement the theme of the event is also helpful.
- Stay relaxed. Leave an hour or so before guests are scheduled to arrive to decompress and get yourself together. Like an orchestra conductor, the guest of the event will follow your lead, so it’s best for you to be calm and feeling well.
- Don’t forget party favors. A small gift is a great way to end the festivities personal with a personal touch.
If your find yourself in New York and don’t have the time or wherewithal to plan a party event yourself, there are event planning companies in NYC that can handle that for you. One such company is Twenty Three Layers. They are a full service event planning and design company which means they will take care of every aspect of bringing your event to fruition. The company employees dynamic individuals with vastly creative minds dedicated with adding clients in coming up with unique ideas and unforgettable events.
Twenty Three Layers is also perfect choice if your are search for corporate event planners in NYC. Putting together a successful event in a business setting takes a certain sensibility. Twenty Three Layers has the experience and services to make any corporate event top notch. These services include venue selection, catering, entertainment, and many more.
Find them in NYC: